Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November Blues

It's because I was bragging. I should have known better. Last year I bragged alllll winter about never getting sick, hardly ever getting even as much as a snuffy nose...all because I was taking gummy vitamins. This year I resisted the last few (stale) gummies in the bottle and decided I could wait. Lo and behold...I now sound like a man, I can't breathe through my nose, and I cough in such a way that would probably make people mutter *gross* under their breath. I had one observation at a middle school this morning, luckily it happened to be the middle school right down the street. Because the Principal told me last week that she was concerned about this teacher--I didn't want to cancel it. However, as I was leaving his classroom, the Principal says, "Ms. Ward are you taking any medicine for that?" I responded, "yes ma'am" She said, "good, you sound awful." Point taken.

Enough complaining...about that subject at least. Where the heck has this year gone. It's already the middle of November...soon to be December, um what?! How is that even possible? Because the month of October was pretty much a wash: a week in Newark, a week in Columbus, a couple of days at a whole team retreat...these past couple of weeks have been really exciting. I'm seeing soooo many teachers really step up their game and develop into strong leaders of their classrooms. Students are being FORCED to think deeper about their classes and subject knowledge and articulate what they are learning. It's awesome. It's necessary. It's still not perfect.

Only a few more days until I'm back in Minnesota! I fly out on Saturday and am going to the Zac Brown Band concert with Sara--SOOOO EXCITED. I LOVEEEEE ZBB! That's why I have to kick this cold so I scream/sing EVERY WORD! I love having a week at Thanksgiving--even though I have work to get done te first couple of days next week, I'm still excited to be in a new location for a brief period of time!

Just heard on the news that the Obama's are going to see Justin Bieber Christmas Concert? Soooo many things I could say about that, the one that I'm going to leave you with: I wanna go :) NOT because it's Justin Bieber...only because it's Christmas :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

No comments: